What if…….I did everything I could possibly do to be the best coach I could possibly be?
1. What if… I bent down to the height of the child or team when speaking to them to have eye to eye interaction? Not to always be ‘looking down on them’.
2. What if… I lowered the volume of my voice almost to a whisper when making a really important point to ensure I have their attention?
3. What if… I made sure I used variety in my tone and expression when addressing the kids?
4. What if… I put myself in their shoes when planning my training session? Would it make sense to me and would I want to do it?
5. What if… I did something totally different that the kids wouldn’t be expecting at training this week as a bit of a reward for all their efforts recently?
6. What if… I did something totally different that the kids wouldn’t be expecting at training this week just to re-energise them after a couple sluggish weeks?
7. What if… I asked the kids to explain back to me what it is that I have just been saying to see if they really understand it?
8. What if… I stood back and allowed the kids to coach themselves (with guidance) to see how much they have learnt and how they react to each other?
9. What if… I did something wild and asked the kids for feedback on my coaching at the end of the season?
10. What if… I did everything I possibly could to be the best coach I could possibly be?